Friday, August 21, 2009

Tegan is a Wright baby for sure!



Today was Tegan's 9 month check up and shots! I was incredibly excited to see how much our little one has grown over the past few months. I knew she was getting big but I had no idea just how big. In my eyes Tegan is still my teeny little baby. In fact I get upset when people tell me she is huge, because the baby I see everyday is a petite little thing...well for a Wright baby that is. Anyone that knows us Wrights know that we grow big babies!! Tegan Marie is measuring in at 19 1/2 pounds and a whole 28 1/4 inches long(lets face it, she will be as tall as me by kindergarten haha)! Dr Martinez laughed when filling in Tegan's new stats on her growth chart. Apparently babies normally slow in growth around 9 months causing their chart to level out or somewhat drop, Tegan made quite the peak in her chart! Clearly Tegan is far too cool to be like those other kids :P Tegan is thriving and is as healthy as can be. Of course she fights to be against the norm, as a result we had to have a dose increase on her prevacid and we are still fighting those darn tear duct to open.

Tegan is pulling her self up, scooting backwards and making her way around the house quite well now days! She says "mama" "dada" and "baba" along with a few other choice babbles that only she can understand. She knows how to melt our hearts in more ways than one! There is nothing like those little arms reaching out for you saying mama. We brought Tegan to bed with us early the other morning after a tough night, Tegan layed awake and saw that daddy's eyes had opened. She smiled and looked at him and said "dada". If that doesn't start your day off with a smile I don't know what will! She is such a little gem in our lives. She completes us in so many ways :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! she's a dolly!~

The Wendorff's said...

I love love love her tutu. You can only do things that cute with girls. She is getting so big. What a beauty.