Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An update on ourTegan Marie



I have yet again broken my promise of regular updates. With all that has been going on, there hasn't been enough time in a day to write a blog. As some of you know, Zachary was laid off of work for most of July. We very much enjoyed having Zach home with us and the financial strain was totally worth it! Tegan LOVES her daddy and the month off allowed him to really connect with her and get to know her and her changing personality.



Tegan is wonderful!!!! She is getting to be such a big girl! Looking at her makes it hard to remember that teeny newborn I once held. Tegan now has two pearly whites, and some very light blonde hair. She is rolling around, and scooting backwards to get where she wants to go. She hasn't figured out how to crawl forward yet, either that or she finds reverse more efficient :) She is pulling up on things and discovering all that is around her. Her little personality comes out more and more each day! Tegan sure is a bright bubbly little ray of sunshine! Her smile lights up the room!

So much has gone on since I last blogged. We helped my mom make the hour away move to her new house with her boyfriend. Zach worked hard painting my sisters new room while I helped with the rest of the house. It was hard to see them move so far away, yet I couldn't be happier for them. I sewed Zebra curtains to complete my sisters dream room and used the left over fabric to sew Tegan a new dress. Can you find Tegan??

This past weekend was Zachary's brother Tyler's big wedding! It has been a long time coming and we couldn't wait to take part in the celebration. Zach's oldest brother and his family came up from Texas for the weekend wedding fun in chicago. My new sister in law is from india so we had the mylangi ceremony friday night along with the wedding rehearsal. To make things easier we stayed the weekend in a hotel along with the rest of the bridal party and family. Saturday was the beautiful wedding and reception. We had a total blast! Before we drove home on sunday we took the kids to the aqurium :) it was a very wonderful yet very busy weekend! Tegan handled all the business so well. She didn't fuss once (she is just still catching up on sleep).
Tegan in her sari before the mylangi ceremony
my sil Lori and I in our mehndi outfits at the mylangi ceremony

My loves

Zach, Tegan and I at the ceremony

the bride and groom to be-Tyler and Liz

Liz's beautiful henna

The bride and groom

Zach and Tegan
giving my miracle loves
Lori and I at the reception (we were in sari's all day but were too busy to take pictures, sorry)
Our trip to the aquarium


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! What a fun wedding. Love T's little watermelon outfit!

The Wendorff's said...

Tegan looked too cute in her sari. Looked like you had fun. I cant believe Tegan is almost a year. That means Ive known you almost a year!

Brie said...

love the outfits.. and man oh man I wish we lived closer to you! boo

My Beautiful Life said...

Aw the wedding looks like it was so much fun and very different! Tegan is adorable and looks cute in all the outfits! Can't believe she is approaching a year old REAL soon. She is growing like a weed!!!