Monday, November 23, 2009

a year has passed leaving me the mommy of a TODDLER!





Our sweet little Tegan Marie is now officially a toddler! At 10:41pm on November 19th Tegan turned a year old! Zachary and I had a wonderful day with our birthday girl. Not a single tear was shed until I was laying in bed and looked over to see the clock on 10:41; it was at that moment that I lost it. It was at that exact time last year that our sweet little miracle came into this world and changed our lives forever.

To Celebrate Tegan's birthday we decided a nice day with just the three of us would be perfect :) we had to change Tegan to the forward facing position because her little legs were starting to smash into the back seat. She enjoyed her first ride as a forward facing girl. We took Tegan for her very first happy meal and went to rent a few movies for her.
It was a wonderful day of smiles, reminiscing, tears and pure happiness.

Friday we had Tegan's big one year check up. Our sweet little girl had to have a few too many shots and her blood work done(something I'll never forget). We learned that our once 7lb 11oz newborn is now a big 21 lbs 7oz and 30.5 inches tall! The dr said she is a a very beautiful mild tempered healthy little girl :) she is very tall for her age placing her in the 90th percentile for height.

Saturday morning was here before we knew it! We were all excited for Tegan's first birthday party :) we left here around 11:30 to set up and decorate and before we knew it it was 1pm and the guests were arriving! About 50 people came to celebrate the day with us! We had such a wonderful time!!! Tegan got so many wonderful gifts. Tegan did better than I could have ever imagined! We made it through the entire party without a single tear or meltdown. She didn't care that she missed her nap, or that there were tons of people around. She took in all the attention and had such a blast! She started to drain of energy by the end of the party and we thought for sure she would crash as soon as we got home. Tegan proved us all wrong by staying awake and playing with her toys until bedtime.
Enjoy all the pictures :)

Contents of the little girl gift bags(bags, cookies and crochet cupcake all made by me)
the birthday banner I made
cake tablecupcakes and Tegan's cake(my friend and I made the cupcakes and zach and I worked together on Tegan's cake)

our happy birthday girl

cake time!!!


gift time :)



3 comments:

My Beautiful Life said...

What an awesome job you did with Tegans party! Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't believe Tegan is now officially a year old!!! Glad you guys enjoyed your day with little miss Tegan. You all looked great and I loved her dress thing that you had made...such a cute idea!!!

Kristy said...

I didn't make her dress or her bow :) I ordered them!

Thank you for the sweet comment!

My Beautiful Life said...

No problem hun! I knew that you ordered the dress but I didn't know that you ordered the bow..they were both very cute though. Can't wait to see more photos!!