Saturday, January 30, 2010

February is only a day away!






Can that really be true?? I can't believe Monday will mark the start of February! It doesn't even feel as though the holidays have come and gone! It is hard to grasp the fact that we are now in 2010 let alone that it is almost February. February is a month of "love" or so the hallmark holiday claims. To Zachary and I this particular month brings many memories of happiness and heart ache. It was in February of 2007 that we found out we were pregnant for the first time. I still remember getting that phone call and crying out of happiness. We excitedly drove to get flowers to deliver to the grandma's to be at work. We laughed the entire car ride and couldn't believe our dreams were really going to come true; that we could get it so easy. Feb 14th was such an amazing day full of happiness. It was a day that we will never forget. Sadly the following day was the total opposite as I started losing our pregnancy. It was a day of heartache and one of the hardest things I have ever been through. It was also a day of hope and things to come. We finally knew we could get pregnant. That one day we would hold our very own sweet little miracle, and last year I did. I held my precious almost 3 month old little girl in my arms.
This year I will have a running giggly almost 15 month old with bouncing pig tails and pink toenails. Tegan is growing up so fast! She has such a personality. I can see strong traits of both Zach and I shining through her. She has her daddy's patience and my need to make things perfect, daddy's humor and my grace(or lack of). Tegan loves to re arrange things and place them where she sees fit. It is a normal day when I find a picture frame missing from it's location and nicely placed somewhere else as if I moved it myself. She finds the smallest things funny and will continue to laugh about them forever(something her daddy is known for :) Tegan will be walking through the house and trip over her own feet and land on her face(poor girl is just like me!) It is so amazing seeing both Zachary and I blended together in the makes of such an adorable and perfect little girl!

She is SO sweet and lovable! There is nothing like hearing those little feet run through the house to find you and give you a big hug and kiss. She still cuddles up with us for her afternoon naps :) There is nothing like that sweet little girl sleeping soundly in your arms(if only you could feel your arms!)


We are all doing wonderful :) Tegan is a happy healthy toddler exploring and learning the world around her. She is cutting in two of her one year molars, and has been since the start of january. She is learning her body parts and animal sounds and she surprises us with a new words every now and then. Her vocab consists of mama, daddy, cat, yeah, no, bye, like, oh and wow. She will gladly show you where your nose and mouth are. She picked up what a monkey says in 10 mins but wont tell me what the easier animals say(cow, pig). It is adorable hearing her do the complete "oooh ooh eeh aah ahh".

Barney is out and the little Einsteins are in. She will pat her lap and raise her arms with them to help get rocket to blast off! haha

Zachary and I are great! Just as crazy madly in love as we were the day we got married, ok maybe more :) We have never been happier! He is my soul mate and the man of my dreams. I pray that one day Tegan finds someone as amazing as her daddy!

3 comments:

My Beautiful Life said...

I can't believe we are almost in the second month of the new year already! Hard to believe! Tegan is so beautiful...and she seems like such fun!! Glad you guys are doing so well, great pics...and glad you have your sweet miracle now even though the hard times will never be forgotten...

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!! Miss you!

The Wendorff's said...

You have the best blogs. I wish I could write as well as you. Tegan makes the cutest faces. Zach is going to have to beat the boys away with a bat!