Friday, May 21, 2010

18 months

It doesn't feel as though it has really been 18 months since I first held my precious miracle in my arms. In some sense it feels like Tegan has been in our lives forever, yet it doesn't seem like it has been 18 months already! I know what I am saying may not make any sense to anyone but to me it makes perfect sense. I think that because Tegan was in our dreams and in our hearts for years that it feels like she has been with us forever. All Zach and I ever wanted was a child of our own and after a few years of fight and heart ache we finally had her. It feels like yesterday I was finding out I was pregnant, hearing her heartbeat for the first time and feeling her first kicks. I can remember it all clearly yet it is sort of a blur in time because it all happened so fast. I remember the day I went into labor with my little footling breeched baby girl. It was 5 days before my scheduled c-section. I was 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. She just couldn't wait any longer, and neither could we. She is all we ever wanted and more. I remember the pure shock that my tiny newborn had hit 6 weeks old! Now I look back and laugh, at the time I thought 6 weeks was soo big! I imagine I will look back and laugh at this post when she is 5. Time flies by even faster than one expects. We prepare ourselves and only dream of things to come but nothing can really prepare us for the changes that come as time rushes on. At this time last year I was the mother of a little bald 6 month old and here I am the mom of a big 25.5lb 33 1/2 in tall beautiful little girl with bouncing piggie tails. Tegan has changes SO much over the last year. While at her 18 month check up yesterday I saw a 2 year old in there waiting her 2 year visit and I couldn't believe how talkative and less toddler like she looked. It is hard to fathom my little Tegan being like that in 6 months!!! I can't believe the changes that time brings, even in a matter of seconds your entire world can change. The best second of my life we seeing Tegan for the first time...a moment that will always hold a large piece of my heart.


Our sweet newborn-Nov 19th 2008

Our beautiful bald 6 month old-


Our running giggly 12 month old-


Our now beautiful big 18 month old-


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1.5 year birthday Tegan!!