Saturday, April 4, 2009

I haven't forgotten

I know it has seemed like forever since we started the kitchen remodel and it may seem as though I have forgotten all about sharing pictures. The truth is simply that I have been busy. Busy with my sweet baby girl (who is teething) and my hubby who was sick with diverticulitis. I have had the pictures on here for a while now, and I finally have the time to load them all to share our progress. We still aren't all the way done. I want to take all of the cupboard doors off and paint the cupboard frames burgundy then put the wood doors back on. I saw it in the country sampler and fell in love with the way it looks! What we have gotten done is a huge transformation! Our kitchen was horrid and still complete with the original stove and oven from the 50's! It is so nice to have a nice new stove!!! Our remodel included taking out the counter top stove and the cupboard so that we could put in a new range. Taking the oven out of the wall and turning the new space into a cupboard, putting in new counter tops, sink and faucet. The whoi le transformation only cost us $1100!! I guess in one way a small kitchen is nice! It was a MUCH needed change! I was done to having only one burner that worked, and it sparked the entire time it was on. The oven was too high for me and I burned myself every time I took food out of the oven. So here are the pictures of what we have done soo far, along with a few pictures of the living room(I remember that I never shared the living room since the paint job and floor refinishing we did last year). Of course I have a little dose of Tegan for everyone too, I can't go a blog without sharing her sweet face!!!

Sink and counter tops Before-



After-




HORRIBLE Stove Area Before-


After-


Horrible old mean Oven-


Where the oven used to be-Zach made the rustic cabinet.


The living room Area-




What my living room looks like on a normal day-Tegan took it over!


There you have it! lol I finally held true to my word and shared pictures. Here is a video taken of Tegan today. Ignore her head being cut off for part of it, I was trying to hold the camera on her while holding her. Zach was teasing her giggle which she thought was hilarious! We finally caught that giggle on tape!!!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

My Beautiful Life said...

Your remodeled house looks great!! Love it..and I love the video of Tegan laughing. What a cutie she is. I love her cute little giggle!