Thursday, April 9, 2009

small update and pics. some prayers needed.

I wanted to stop in and give a small update and share a few pictures while everyone in the house is sleeping. Today is Zachary's last day working his 12 hour night swing shift!!! Starting monday he will be a second shift man that gets to come home and sleep at night with his wife and wake up to his sweet little girl. I am so excited that he gets to start a regular human sleep schedule! This Saturday is Zach's 23rd birthday so we are going to spend the day with family and grill out and celebrate another year of life. Last year on his birthday I was 7 weeks pregnant and here we are with a 4 1/2 month old little girl!!

Tegan is doing well. Yesterday morning we decided to try giving her soy formula to see if it would help her belly. Walmart didn't have the goodstart soy so we had to get the parents choice! I couldn't believe how cheap that stuff is, oh my goodness! 13 bucks felt like nothing when we are used to 23 for formula! So far so good, she doesn't at all mind the change. She still throws up here and there but it is way less than before. I think the soy is just easier on her belly. I noticed that the powder was way finer and softer than regular formula. I tried giving her some baby juice today which she did not like one bit, I dont blame her, cherry apple isn't my kind of thing either. Onto another flavor I suppose. Looks like she is going to have a picky side to her just like her mommy! Tegan is in need of some prayers so please keep her in your thoughts. Her tear ducts are still clogged, I really hope this isn't something that will follow her for years to come like it does some other children. While drying Tegan off after her bath yesterday morning I noticed that she has a small hole under her vaginal opening. Directly below her vaginal opening is a band of skin then little hole. I am wondering if part of her opening is fused together, or if there is a little hole that needs to be sealed up. I have done research on the issue and looked at pictures and such online and it doesn't seem to be her hymen(it isn't over her vaginal opening, and it is a solid band of skin). I know either way it will be a small outpatient procedure to correct it. I swear each day I find that this little girl is more and more like me! When I was little I didn't have a vaginal opening, it was totally sealed shut and had to be opened by the dr when I was 3 or 4 years old(which I remember having done!) I will bring it up with the pedi at tegan's 6 month apt in may. I know it isn't anything serious, but as a mom it still bothers me. I can't believe I didn't notice it before, and for that I feel horrible.

Here are some pictures of little miss. On tuesday we took her to see her great great grandma for the first time. We of course got a 5 generation picture which included Tegan, Zach, Zach's mom Dee, Dee's dad Gary, and his mom Amelia! Amelia is in her 90's and still living alone in her own house baking cookies and cleaning floors on her hands and knees. Some people amaze me! Tegan's crazy uncle cory (zach's best friend) bought Tegan some onsies when she was born and they finally fit her so I had to get pictures of her in her skeleton shirt and her girls rock tee! haha. Enjoy :)



















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I will pray that Tegan's ducts open up soon. How come you are starting juice? I didn't do juices with my kids at all. I did just water if they are thirsty. hmm she constipated or something? I'm glad you guys will have more of a family schedule. Keep me posted on what the doc says about that stuff at her 6 month:) Does Tegan ever way the same outfit twice? Hahhaha!

Kristy said...

I was told at Tegan's 3 month appointment to start her on juice to help with her pooping issues. she goes every other day if I am lucky. I dont like the idea of juice because I feel that formula is the only thing she should be drinking. Today was the first time I tried giving her gerber baby juice (one part juice three parts water).

lmao it is rare that Tegan wears the same outfit twice. She got so many clothes at my baby showers that I feel that she has to wear everything once so I put her in something new every day! Come this winter there will be a lot of repeats because she wont have as many clothes! lol.

The Wendorff's said...

Cute pictures. Once Payson is born, we can take a five generation picture too! It will be hard to get everyone in the same place though. I hope you get everything worked out with Tegan. Im sure she is just fine.

My Beautiful Life said...

Love the pictures...and I will definitely pray for Tegan...I am sure she is fine!! The five generation picture is the best...I hope I get one of those some day? haha!