Monday, April 13, 2009

A wonderful weekend!

We had such a wonderful weekend here in the house of the Wrights! Zachary's brother Tyler came down from Aurora on Friday to spend the weekend with us. Saturday was Zach's 23rd birthday so we had a small surprise birthday party for him here at our house! We had tons of yummy food and a lot of fun playing games and spending time with the family. It was so nice to reflect on his past year of life and all that had happened in such a small span of time. On his birthday last year I was 7 weeks pregnant with our little sweet tart and this year he was able to hold his baby girl in his arms! Tegan made daddy a special card (with mommy's help of course) and made daddy cry! Easter Sunday we went to church and then went to Zach's parents for a small dinner. I couldn't help but tear up while in zach's arms when dad was praying before we ate. He said a small thank you for our sweet baby girl(who happened to be babbling away on the floor), it made me think of last easter when he said a simular prayer but instead he was praying for a smooth pregnancy and our beautiful miracle and dream come true. After dinner we played some wii, then had to head home due to pure exhaustion from a busy weekend.

It was such a wonderful feeling going to bed with Zach last night thinking about how today he would start the day being a second shift man. No more was I going to have to go to bed alone and be without him during the day while he slept. It was nice to wake up knowing that today is the start of a new routine and a new way of life for us. A way of life that will allow Tegan to spend more time with her daddy, I am so excited for that! I awoke to Tegan at 6:30 this morning excited knowing that Zach would be up with us shortly. I made him pancakes and coffee to start of our day! This was a very much needed change! Once again our prayers have been answered!!

Zachary's Birthday-






Tegan's first Easter-




4 comments:

The Wendorff's said...

I love the pics. I can't wait to have my little one around for birthdays and holidays. Take care.

Anonymous said...

More cute cute pics! Glad you guys had a great weekend!

Patty said...

cute pics, glad you had a great easter

My Beautiful Life said...

Aw I love your pictures, as always. Looks like you enjoyed your first Easter with Tegan! Beautiful family :)