Thursday, May 21, 2009

Proud Mommy



Our little Tegan is growing more and more each day! She is learning new things and gaining more and more of a personality! She has been sitting up like a big girl for about a week now and finally she is taking some interest in rolling over. She can go from her back to belly (just as she did once before at 6 weeks) but I am wondering if she will ever learn to go from belly to back? After a few attempts I finally got it on video! I have created a little ham! Every time she sees the camera she stops whatever she is doing to look at me and smile! Zach and I were laughing so hard the other night because she was laying on the floor sucking her thumb and as soon as she heard the camera turn on she pulled her thumb out and gave me the biggest smile ever(we made a game out of it and she continued to go back to her thumb until she heard the camera again! haha) Needless to say, I have to be VERY sneaky to get her on video.

We are taking Tegan to have her 6 month pictures done tomorrow!!! I will have another big photo to add to my wall, before I know it my house will be a shrine of Tegan. This weekend will be another busy one. I have a formal bridal shower to attend Saturday at 5pm near chicago which means I wont have as much Tegan time as I am used to. I will be away for most of the afternoon and I wont be home in time to read bedtime stories and tuck Tegan into bed for the night. I am sure it will hurt me more than it hurts her, so pray that I make it through without too many tears!! I can't help but feel horrible for being away from her....am I crazy??


5 comments:

My Beautiful Life said...

How cute she looks in that outfit!! She's so sweet...and I can't wait to see her six month old pictures...that's so exciting! No you are not crazy hun, you are just a really good mommy!! Tegan should be very happy to have such a dedicated mom :) You will do fine though. No worries! Talk to you soon. Hugs to tegan!

The Wendorff's said...

What a big girl. I bet you are so proud. I can't wait for Payson to reach those milestones too! Pray for me to go into labor soon. I am so ready. Bye.

Evyn said...

No its normal!! I still feel awful when I go to work, I think...I should be home with my BABY!!!!

Btw, how is Tegans eye? We are still having issues with it here and Im getting so sick of it. She can not even open it first thing in the morning.

Kristy said...

Tegan's ducts are still clogged and she still has issues with them but they are by far better than they used to be. They aren't matted shut in the mornings, they are just a bit icky. They stay pretty good during the day. Hopefully soon they will be a thing of the past!!!

April and Jeff said...

She is adorable as always! What a cheeser she is!