Wednesday, August 13, 2008

24 weeks already!

I have gotten a little behind on blogging and for that Im sorry. I have been super busy being my crafty self haha. Alot of things have been going on, it seems the weeks just fly right on by which is totally fine by me! I am now 24 weeks pregnant with my Tegan Marie! It is so crazy to think that she could be here in as little as 13 more weeks..although I hope she comes around thanksgiving :) I wish I could ask her when she is going to make her big entrance to the world!!I can't wait to meet my little girl, I can't wait to see what she looks like, I can't wait to look into her eyes and tell her I love her and I can't wait to smell the top of that little head (the head that is always poking out my side haha). I am doing wonderful!! I have gained 13 pounds to date..it is crazy because I haven't gained anything but belly and boobs which is super exciting to me!!! My breasts are still leaking, it is now a daily thing so I hope that means I will have an awesome milk supply when my milk actually comes in. I went shopping with my wonderful mother in law on saturday to buy decor and things for my upcoming baby shower! I had a wonderful time out but it really whipes me out!!! Party city had the cutest babygirl shower decor, I can't wait to see everything set up and put together!! I have waited soo long for this moment. I have always been the girl sitting at babyshowers in tears hoping that someday it would be me opening the gifts with the giant belly..and here I am!!! Saturday is my big baby shower, I have been having dreams about who will be there and what I will get and how the decor will look. I can't sleep and wont be able to until it is here!! THEN in a few more weeks I have a second baby shower!! My mom is throwing me the other shower with her side of the family and such, then I will be back to excited and unable to sleep! There are so many things in the upcoming months to look forward to!!! This friday we are going to see "fly me to the moon", saturday is my babyshower, next thursday I have my ob appointment and before I know it it will be septembter!! September 6th is my other baby shower, then October 1st is my 21st birthday, October 8th is mine and Zachary's 3 year wedding anni!! November will be here before we know it and in the blink of an eye my little Tegan will be here!! It is so exciting to think about!

I will post 24 week belly shots and baby shower pics either saturday or sunday so be on the look out!! I will stop by babbling for now....
I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!!!!

-Kristy and Tegan

2 comments:

mommy2carston said...

I can not WAIT to see the photos from the shower. Be sure and post an early belly shot with the 24 week one so I can compare. You are right about how it's going to be Nov. before you even know it. When you have so many things going on and break it down into weeks, it doesn't seem like that long... or you could do what I do, count down to 37 weeks instead of 40. Makes it sound closer and then once 37 weeks gets here and you haven't had her yet, it's only 3 more weeks and doesn't seem like very long at all.

April and Jeff said...

Awww! I bet you can't wait to see all the cool things you and Miss Teagan Marie will get. Ok, can I offer you some advice on what worked well for me and what didn't. First, have you considered a baby wrap for what is called babywearing. I still do it today even though they are bigger. You and your baby will bond even more if you do it, and so can Zach too. It is truely incredible!!I recommend the Moby Wrap (i have) The WrapNWear, or the Mei Tei. I have heard these are all great wraps to breastfeed in too (if you are planning on it).
2. You're baby will come when she is ready. Be very careful if you are considering Castor Oil ( i know some moms who have) First, it's poison and secondly a friend's baby nearly died and spent time in nicu because of it. I did natural stimulation (nipples) and it sent me into slow labor and I regret it because I called the shots...not God.
3. Get the dvd or rent from a library, The Happiest Baby On The Block.
4. Swaddle, Swaddle, Swaddle your baby. It works like a charm!
5. Read The Baby Whisperer.
6. I haven't read but have heard great things about The Attachment Parenting Book by Dr. sears.

7. Always listen to your Mommy Instincts, they are rarely wrong.
8. Babies can sense your stress,so when you stress she will stress.
9. Forget snaps! At nighttime,When they are nb's and you have to change diapers in the middle of the night go with a gown or something that zips...You will not want to wake the baby anymore than she has to.
9. Go with what works for you. Everybody's advice is not always the right advice for you and your baby....except mine of course HAHA...just kidding!
Can't wait to see pics of your baby shower!!!