Thursday, December 18, 2008

one month old: a sneeze and a poop-pics and video


Wow, I am so behind in keeping you all updated; for that I'm sorry. Life with a baby is a busy one..even more so when you are a breast feeding mom with a husband that works nights. Tegan is growing sooo fast and will be one month old tomorrow!!! yikes! I can't believe I have a one month old already!!!!

At Tegan's last dr's appointment she was up to 8lbs 6oz and 20 inches long!!! At birth she was 7lbs 11oz 18.5inches long but dropped down to 6lbs 11oz before we left the hospital so she is growing very well!!! Her next appointment is on monday the 23rd :) I can't wait to see how much she has grown since her last time at the dr. She has quite the personality already :) She is changing in looks every day and growing like a little weed!!! She is out growing her new born clothes and before I know it she will be into 0-3 month. NB diapers are now a thing of the past, last week she moved up to size one.

We are now doing only breast feeding when at home. She only gets a bottle when we are in the car or in public, in that case I pump to or from where ever we are going seems how it is always a long trip for my boobies to make it through lol. We are doing so awesome with breast feeding now! You wouldn't even know that we had a bumpy start. I am so glad that I had the strong desire to give breast feeding another shot. We have been bottle free at home for the past 5 days. Tegan is going through a little growth spurt, she is always hungry..the past few days I swear all I do is sit around with her on my boob. She always eats at least 3 oz at every feeding (we know from the bottle feeding when out). I had our first horrible long night the other night. Tegan was up crying all night, come to find out she didn't like the tabasco sauce I had eaten lol.


We went and visited my RE last week after Tegan's appointment Since we were up in rockford already. It was so nice walking through those doors full of happiness instead of nervousness and hope. Everyone welcomed us with smiles and hugs, after all for 2 years we basically lived there. It was nice to see everyone again! I looked at the picture they have hanging on the wall in the waiting room and teared up..it says "the future begins here". So very true!!! Everyone was so excited to see and hold Tegan, they couldn't get over how adorable she is! We visited for about 20 minutes, talking about the pregnancy and delivery, and we showed them the pictures of my belly paintings. Dr Holden walked around the entire time with Tegan Fast asleep in his arms, he didn't want to give her back to me haha! They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met, I can't wait to tell Tegan of all the wonderful people that helped bring her into this world.

Last night I got a little surprise from Tegan, I swear this little girl loves to surprise mommy and daddy. She woke me up around 2am this morning with a dirty butt, I JUST got her all cleaned and had her butt up sliding her new diaper under her when she sneezed. LMAO! WELL when she sneezed she pooped EVERYWHERE!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry lol. It was all over my hands and arm all over her whipe warmer and flung across her bedroom floor. I cleaned it off of me and her changing mat and the whipe warmer and went to get the floor and thought that this was something that needed to be recorded and kept forever to show her when she grows up lol. Thankfully the camera is always near by. I can't stop giggling about it today lol. Oh I love her so much, even if she poops all over.

Of course I have a few pictures to share with you all :)





4 comments:

The Wendorff's said...

I still think the pictures of her sleeping are the best and I loved your video. It was nice to put a voice with your face. We go to the doctor tomorrow to find out the gender of our baby. I am so anxious. Well, I hope you guys have the best first Christmas ever with Tegan!

Evyn said...

She is a real doll. You should sell those headbands, they are adorable!!

They change SO quick, I can barely remember when Amelia was a month old!

Anonymous said...

that was a forceful poop! She's a doll! Thanks for all the updates.

April and Jeff said...

THat is too funny! I love all of her pictures. She is so gorgeous! You look great! I got so teary eyed when you wrote about the sign that says The future begins here. Awww! It's great to have a caring team rooting behind you and doing everything possible to make your dream come true. You are so lucky!