Friday, September 19, 2008

exciting thoughts

I am 29 1/2 weeks pregnant today, four days away from hitting the big 30 week mark!! That leaves me with 7-10 more weeks until I give birth to my sweet little baby girl! With time flying by so fast, and me always being done with everything way ahead of time I decided I would sit down and finish up my birthplan. When I was 5 weeks pregnant Zach and I sat down and wrote a rough draft of our birth plan together. We KNEW in our hearts that this pregnancy would be different then our past pregnancies and that this baby wasn't going anywhere :) thankfully our hearts were right! I decided to open up the rough draft last night and finalize it...reading it brought back the memories of writting it with Zach 24 weeks ago!! I have never written a birth plan nor did I really know how to go about writting one but I think it turned out well. Clearly a birth plan is just a plan..nothing is set in stone...should complications arise or a super fast labor like Melea had a birth plan is useless...but it is better to feel prepared. Only 74 more days to go until my due date!!! :)

Wright Family Birth Plan


*These are my wishes in how I would like the birth of my daughter carried out, before, during and after labor.

1. I would like to be informed of all that is going on at all times.

2. I do NOT want any demeral or stadol or other IV pain medications of the sort.

3. If pain becomes unbarable I would like my epidural as soon as possible.

4. I would like my husband, mom, mother in law and sister in the room during delivery.

5. I want my husband to take the honors of cutting the cord.

6. If at all possible I would like a mirror during delivery to see the crowing of my baby.

7. I would like my baby placed on my chest following the birth.

8. I want to room with my baby.

9. I would like to breast feed as soon as possible following the birth.

10. Please do not give my baby a bottle, I will gladly feed her when she becomes hungry.

11. If any complications should arise during or after labor I want what is best for my baby. Please keep me informed at all times.

12. If by some chance I am unable to make a decision or answer a question due to my state I want all questions and decisions forwarded to, made, or answered by my husband

1 comment:

Evyn said...

I know every hospital is different, but mine only allowed 2 people in the room while i was delivering. SO my mom and hubby were in there. Just giving you a heads up in case your hospital has the same rules. I bet you are getting so excited!!!