Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7 weeks! pictures :) I need advice from some mommys!


Today little miss Tegan is a whole 7 weeks old! She is growing up so darn fast. It doesn't even seem as though I have been short on sleep for 7 weeks or that I have changed 7 weeks worth of diapers (that is alot of diapers too!). It seems that time flies faster than it ever has, I dont dare look away or blink for a second. I want to share every minute with my sweet little miracle. I cherish every little thing, every single millisecond..everything! I try to take as many pictures as I can, I dont want to forget anything and it always seems that as time goes by things become more and more cloudy and you forget little moments.

I need some advice from some mommies about bottles. It is very rare for me to ask for advice but I dont know what to do at this point. We are having some issues involving breast feeding and such. Tegan is still getting only the breast unless we are somewhere that I can't breast feed then she gets pumped milk in a bottle. Well issues have arised with both of those situations. It seems that everything I eat gives my poor baby horrible gas. Gas drops are now part of our daily routine and even then she still has gas and cries. At times she gets upset while feeding and will cry at the breast while flinging her arms about. I thought that maybe I didnt have enough milk but when she pulls away milk is flowing out. This is now a nightly thing for us, at least it has been for the past 3 nights. I decided to try giving her some formula the other night and she guzzled it down and passed out with no complaints. I of course sat there and cried while feeding my baby formula but it is what she needed and I have to except that. We have had issues with bottles since day one..we have always used dr. browns bottles but the flow is simply too fast for Tegan. She gulps and gulps while half of the bottles drains out of her mouth. I went back to using the medela bottle with special nipple I got from the hospital...no milk comes out unless you suck, and it has a breast like flow. The down fall is that I only have one of these nipples..and they dont have caps which is a down fall for when we are away from home. So any ideas on what bottles would work better for us??? I have read that the sassy MAM bottles are good...but I want to know if anyone has had similar issues and what bottles worked best.



No comments: