Friday, January 9, 2009

released from my ob, sour milk and sour boobs

released from my OB, sour milk and sour boobs!

I had my final postpartum dr's apt yesterday!! I am finally released and free from my ob's office! yay!!!! I passed my postpartum depression test..obviously seems how I am not at all depressed in any way. My csection scar is looking awesome and I am down to 134.5lbs (with all my clothes and shoes on..woot!). All is well!!! I am going to slowly cut back on breast feeding. I have decided that skipping feedings and tricking my body to cut back on breast milk is best for Tegan and I. I will still breast feed her here and there but I will supplement with formula in between. I need to cut back my milk production majorly!! We went to babies r us after my appointment to pick up some bottles and some nestle good start to have on hand. We decided to give the MAM bottles a try. They have awesome reviews from breast feeding mothers and they have an anti colic design so I really wanted to give them a shot. I read about them online and babiesrus.com said that they weren't available in stores but they were!!!! I was soo excited! We got to my moms house for dinner and I washed them right away so we could try them. Tegan guzzled down 4oz of pumped milk in no time. yay for an awesome bottle that my baby likes! They have a natural shapped nipple that is super soft just like the breast, they are wide neck bottles and perfect for her. She doesn't drain the milk out of her mouth like she did with the dr browns bottles and she doesn't look at me like Im crazy for giving her a bottle anymore. I gave her some good start last night and she didn't seem to care! Thankfully she likes it so much better than the enfamil lipil..she hated that stuff! Yesterday was the first day of me cutting back my milk supply and let me just say that last night was hell! I went through millions of breast pads and my bra, shirt and bed sheets were always soaked. I smell like sour milk and my boobs hurt like heck. Tegan slept for her first 5 hour span ever last night, she woke up ate and got her butt changed and slept for another 4 hours!! When she did awake for a feeding I only did a one breast feeding, and I have been doing so ever since. She only gets one breast for a 3 hour span before I offer the other side this way she gets the rich hind milk rather than tons of foremilk. I hope this works soon and my production slows because I hate being wet and I really dont like smelling like icky sour milk! I leak through 3 breast pads in a matter of 10 mins when I am engorged..not fun at all! I know so many women are upset when they have too little milk but I would honestly not have enough and have to supplement then have to much and be going through this. I am so scared of getting mastitis again, being engorged and leaking is what causes it and here I have to allow myself to be full to cut back my supply. Hopefully with this and skipping a feeding a day will slow my supply asap! lol. I have an engagement party to go to tomorrow, please pray that I dont leak all over myself!! I am going to go pick up some of the super thick johnsons breast pads to help keep me dry, these thin ones are like pouring a cup of water over one ply toilet paper..lol doesn't do much! Thankfully I have tons of frozen milk that needs used so I can use some of that while out and about tomorrow.

No comments: