Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NST results and 37 week belly shots


I just got home from my non stress test. I almost didn't get to come home at all!! All the times that I would whine that Tegan was pushing way out causing me pain wasn't Tegan, it was me contracting! lol my nst showed that I am having them every eight minutes! Boy do I feel stupid!!!! I saw the on call dr and got checked and I wasn't dialated so I got sent home. I am now on strict bedrest until my csection. If my contractions become five minutes apart I am to go into labor and delivery to be checked again. My ultra sound showed everything was still well, my fluid level was great and of corse Tegan is still breech lol. Tegan is doing wonderful and was moving ALL over during the nst, I thought she was going bust through the moniters a few times. She was reacting to movement just as she should have been and there were no signs of being in distress. My blood pressure was 100/60 and I have gained a total of 29lbs. I fell in love with the on call doc!! He sat there and explained everything to Zach and I and took away so much worry about the placenta issue. My placenta is calcifying (aging faster than normal) which made us very nervous about Tegan's well being. My dr never explained anything to us about it so I expressed my concerns to the dr I saw today and he made us feel so much better! He said it appears to be aging faster but looks aren't everything, function is what we need to look at. Just as a 90 year old man can be old and look old but be the healthiest man around. My placenta is doing very well, Tegan's activity and growth are proof of that. They are keeping a close eye on me to be safe but he said that as of now everything is perfect! My csection is scheduled for Nov 24th at 9:30 am, I am to be there at 7:30! yay!!! Only 13 more days until I get to meet my little miracle! Here are my 37 week belly shots along with the ultra sound picture we got of her today.




1 comment:

April and Jeff said...

Oh that is wonderful you and Tegan are doing excellent. Looks like you will be spending a lot of time resting now. I am glad the on call dr explained everything to you. Doesn't it make a world of difference to have a dr care to share needed information and peace of mind~.!