Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tegan Marie is here!!!


The birth of my little piece of heaven on earth


Tegan Marie Was Born Wednesday November 19th at 10:41pm. She weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 18.5 inches long! She is such a little blessing :) I still can't believe she is here and that she is mine.

I finally have a bit of time to sit down and write a blog. So many have asked questions so I am going to take the time to answer them now :) Tegan has a clean butt, a full belly and is passed out next to daddy.

It is crazy to think that my little girl will be a week old tomorrow, and even crazier to think that she wasn't supposed to be here until yesterday!!!! I was trying soo hard to keep her in until my scheduled csection date of nov 24th, but even with bed rest we didn't quite make it. Tegan was ready to come out now, and honstly I was too. I woke up the morning of the 19th not feeling all too well. I had noticed that Tegan wasn't moving as much as she usually does, I was starting to get worried so I ate some sugar and protien to try to wake her up..no luck. I decided to take a shower which sometimes wakes her up and still no luck..so after alot of pondering I decided to take the hour drive to labor and delivery to be sure she was ok. In the middle of the drive there I started having regular contractions, by the time I got to the hospital my contractions were 2-3 mins apart and getting stronger.We got there around 5pm and thankfully my dr was on call!!! He came in and thought that maybe Tegan turned head down so he did a quick ultra sound and found that my little turkey was still breech. I got admitted and told that we would have her either that night or early early the next morning! I couldn't believe it I have never been soo excited in my life!!!! They hooked me up to the IV and filled me full of tons of fluid while I waited. I ended up having my little miracle at 10:41!! That was the happiest minute of my life!

We were in the hospital until saturday afternoon, while there Tegan lost 10% of her body weight before we left the hospital. The nurses all say that it is because of all the fluids they filled me with before the csection. She now weighs 6lbs 11oz, a whole pound smaller than she was a birth. She eats alot and is a peeing and pooping machine so she will be back up to her birth weight in no time. She had her first dr's apt yesterday. She is doing very well, her billie level is down to a 7.

My milk came in two days after her birth, and boy did it come in! So far I can pump 6 onces in 15 mins so I think I am doing pretty good! I am amazed that I am making milk haha! I am pumping and bottle feeding her seems how she hasn't been latching on too well. She gets too mad and doesn't want to work for her food so I felt it was the best thing to do. As long as she gets the breast milk that is all that matters. I have tried pumping a bit to soften up my breast and make it easier for her, but even then she wont take it. She gets that close to me and smells my skin and hears my heart beat and she passes out lol. I actually like pumping and bottle feeding for the fact that I know how much she is eating which is best with trying to make her gain weight anyhow.

I suppose I will end my book here for now and get to the pictures that you are all dying to see. I think she is such a doll, but of corse mothers always think their baby is the cutest baby ever.




5 comments:

Jessica Potter said...

OH my gosh Kristy! She is so amazing.. Congrats

The Wendorff's said...

I dont even know you and I am beyond excited for you and Zach. Tegan is so beautiful. Ever since I found your blog, I have been checking in a few times a day- anxiously waiting for the announcement of her birth. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I hope that we can become friends. I look forward to many more pictures from you as your family grows.

Patty said...

Congrats! She is super adorable! Her birthday is one week after miss emily's. It will be fun to watch them hit milestones together. How often is she getting up to eat at night?? Hope you are getting some rest!

April and Jeff said...

Wow! Congratulations. She is beautiful!!! I am so glad you had a safe and healthy delivery. I hope that you are recovering well. Now, let all the fun begin. Giver Miss Tegan lots of hugs and kisses from me and the twins. Love the pictures. She is a princess!

April and Jeff said...

whoops thats supposed to be, Give not giver