Wednesday, May 21, 2008

feeling a bit on the sad side...in need of advice and a pick me up!

feeling a bit on the sad side..

I am feeling very bad today. I have been told that the baby will take all that it needs to from me whether I eat alot or not, but knowingly not eating enough makes me feel horrible! Here it is 4 pm and all I've had all day were 1 1/2 biscuts and gravy, a glass of milk and a bottle of water. Some days I feel hungry and actually eat decent, still not as well as I should..and days like today Im just not hungry, and nothing sounds good. I try forcing myself to eat but if it isn't something I really want (which is hard on a day when you want nothing) I will gag and gag and gag. Here I am 3 months pregnant and a week away from being in the second trimester and I have only gained 2 pounds. At one point I was up 4 pounds but the past 2 weeks I have been steady at 2- 2 1/2 and I am supposed to gain 2 1/2-5 pounds. I look bigger but the scale isn't saying so. I just feel horrible! I know I need to eat more, I need to eat way more! Many days I dont even get in 1,000 calories which is bad, but what am I to do?? Someone please help me!!! Any adivice, tips, anything! I feel like crying!!! I want a nice healthy baby and I dont feel like I am doing a good enough job! Why do I have to gag about everything, why can't I just have crazy cravings and eat non stop??? Has anyone else felt like this during pregnancy??

3 comments:

Shely said...

That is right, the baby will take EVERYTHING it needs from you. You will get left with nothing, but that baby will have it all.

If you are not hungry, dont eat. To be brutally honest, that is why alot of women gain weight from having a baby because they THINK they need to eat alot for the baby and they dont. Your body will tell you when you need to eat by making you feel hungry.

If you are only eating 1000 calories a day, the baby still gets the 300 calories a day that it needs but YOU get left with only 700 calories. But if you feel ok (besides the guilt) when you are not that hungry... nothing is wrong.

There was a time through my pregnancy that I just was not hungry much, my parents and dh stayed on me, I needed to eat more but I just couldnt and I didnt. And let me tell ya hun, B was anything but underweight! She was OVER 9lbs at birth and perfectly healthy!

Your fine, dont force yourself if your not hungry, that baby will grow regardless! As long as he or she is measuring right on, and he or she is, its JUST fine! You may just end up being even MORE skinny after you have him or her :)

AND (sorry this is so long haha) at the end is when you get the unstoppable appitite and want to eat everything in sight. LOL!

Evyn said...

I understand this 100% I was soooooo sick furing my first trimester. I started out at 128 lbs, but I lost 7 of them. Even when I would eat, I would get sick and throw up. I felt guilty like I wasn't strong enough to "provide" nourishment for the baby. BUT...like my doctor told me, the baby will get what it needs regardless. YOu need to take care of YOU. Try to drink milk, because the baby will literally leech calcium from your bones & teeth! And if you are weak, try to eat protien. But, I know what it is like. If it helps, I started feeling a LOT better around 14 weeks, and my diet got back to normal.

Jamie Lea B said...

Dont worry about weight gain at this point unless your doc is concerned ALOT of people lose weight in the first tri even into the 2nd.With Avery I got mono and lost 27 pounds in less then 2 weeks.I was in the hospital and so scared I would lose him and they assured me as long as I stay hydrated we would be fine.Oh and I made up for that weight loss 3 months later believe you me lol.Dont be sad enjoy this time its a joyful time and try try not to worry so much.I love ya.