Monday, March 16, 2009

a beautiful day at the park (TONS of pictures)

It was absolutely gorgeous here in Illinois today!! The sun was shinning and the air was a warm 60 degrees so we decided to take little miss on a walk down to the park for the first time! I remember back when Zach and I would take walks down the street to the park and dream of having a child of our own to push on the swings and slide down the slides with. It was such an amazing feeling seeing Tegan on the swings with daddy and knowing that we will be making many many trips to the park for years to come. I remember when I was a little girl my sister and I loved when mom or dad took us to the park. We would beg them and even sit at their feet struggling with all our might to put their shoes on for them so that they had no excuse but to take us up the street to play at the park together. It is amazing how doing things with your children can take you down memory lane at times. While looking at her and playing with her and such I can't help but remember some of the things I did as a child with my parents. Tegan loved being outside and playing with Zach and I. The sunshine and fresh air was a nice change for us all. She had so much fun that as soon as we got home she passed out in my arms!!! I, of course, have pictures of it all!!!!

It was a very busy weekend here for us!! On Saturday we had a wedding to attend. It was a bit chilly so Tegan didn't get to wear any of her dresses. Im glad I didn't even bother because she had to be changed before the reception into our backup outfit from the diaper bag thanks to her puking. yum! She was a very very good girl, I was shocked considering she missed two of her naps! On the way home we stopped at B&N for some coffee for Zach and Chai for me. Zach wanted to look for a new book and I naturally gravitated to the little kids corner where I found Tegan a taggie elephant which has become her new best friend!!! We didn't even make it back to the car and she was out for the night, poor little girl!!!

She will be four months old on thursday already!!! I just can't believe it!!! She is looking less and less baby like each day and more like a mini version of me (or so I have been told!) haha.

Be sure to check out the blog below for more pictures and a video of Tegan playing:)

















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a dream fulfilled! What a great day! Pics are adorable. Love the mad face on tummy time pic. hehe

The Wendorff's said...

so glad you got to fulfill a dream. the pictures are too cute. my friend may want a chewie for her baby girl. she is due a week after me.

Patty said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait until we can get out to the park too, but that will be awhile seeing that we still have a good 3 feet of snow on the ground. So jealous you are wearing sandals already.

Kristy said...

hehe patty I wear sandals in the snow!!!

Evyn said...

Awww, I love the last pic, she was all tuckered out!!