Wednesday, March 11, 2009

busy busy busy..but not too busy for pics!

We have been so busy here in the Wright house this past week!!! We have been in the process of redoing our kitchen. It is ALMOST done, all we have left to do is finish building the cupboard where our oven used to be. I promise pics we be up as soon as it is done, it is such a transformation!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Even though we were busy I still kept taking pictures of my sweet little boog boog. I swear that girl is going to grow up thinking that a constant flash is a normal part of life! She changes so much with every day that I dont want to miss a single moment. Only 8 more days until I am the mommy of a beautiful four month old. She is such a silly little girl. This morning I woke up to hearing her talking at the top of her lungs, those constant baby babbles are so darn cute! She talks up a storm, and I have a feeling that will never change! Oh the fun we are going to have!!! I can already hear the constant "what, why and how-comes". She is getting sooo close to laughing..I just can't wait for that first big belly laugh.
I need some mommy advice. I dont know what to do and I feel like a bad mommy no matter what I do so please lend your opinion. Tegan HATES tummy time!! When I say hate I mean scream her heart out until she passes our hate. I dont know what to do. Lately she hasn't been getting tummy time because I can't stand to make her cry. On the other hand I know that she needs it to strengthen her little arms and shoulders for future crawling. Every time I put her on her belly she either screams her heart out or she puts her thumb in her mouth and passes out. She doesn't even try to lift herself up. I have tried laying in front of her talking to her, putting tons of toys in front of her, propping her up on her boppy, I have even tried laying down and and letting her do tummy time on my chest...all of which have failed. My mom tells me over and over not to worry about it because I didn't get tummy time and I was fine...maybe I didn't get tummy time per say BUT I slept on my tummy which means I had tummy time. I just dont know what to do. Do I let her lay there and scream?? What do I do?? I feel horrible for letting her scream, yet I feel bad for not making her do something that she should be doing...ugh! HELP!







2 comments:

Evyn said...

We never had a problem with tummy time, usually what I did was lay down on the sofa and put her on her tummy on me. That way she could look and play with my face. She never cried because for all she knew it was face time with mommy, not some chore. I hate that for you, I can't stand to hear Amelia cry so its gotta be tough. Id keep trying that though because she is more likely to want to look at you than a toy. They say babies love to look at faces, so just keep trying.

Also, Im like you with the pictures. At 6 months I think Amelia already knows what a camera is and starts hamming it up when I get it out. She starts smiling automatically when she sees the camera *lol*

Anonymous said...

awe tummy time. Well I say keep trying. They say the more tummy time they get the better readers kids are. (The link there is beyond me). I did tummy time with Anna on me or I'd put her on her tummy and talk to her, keep trying to make it fun! :) She will get pissed enough she will turn over!
What a little peanut!