Wednesday, April 2, 2008

labs are in from yesterday!

My nurse called me with the results, my dr is beyond impressed with all of my levels! As of yesterday my estrogen level is 1883 and my progesterone level is 271.8! My numbers are CRAZY high! My dr wants me off of all supplements because of how high my levels are, he feels that my body is doing well on its own. I was told that ladies that do PIO and prometrium still dont have levels as crazy high as mine are. I told the nurse flat out that I dont feel comfortable cutting out all supplements in one day and that I am not going to even risk losing this baby so she said that I can cut the dose down and get labs done to be sure my levels are good and keep doing so until I am weened off.They said that the hormones I am on right now alone couldn't make my numbers so high so they know my body is kicking into gear and doing well on it's own. My dr likes seeing a progesterone at least 40 and I have went above and beyond that number! I have been taking 600mg of prometrium a day and 2 femtrace a day, I will now be taking one femtrace and 400mg of prometrium a day. I go in next week for another hormone check to be sure everything is still nice and high and we will go from there on if I need to still cut back more on supplements. My dr said that there is nothing wrong with some extra hormones so if it will make me feel better then there is nothing wrong with slowly cutting back. Please continue to pray for our sweet tart and this miracle pregnancy!!!

for those that have asked. my sister is home now, they did keep her overnight due to pain and such. She got to come home this morning and is doing ok but in a great deal of pain. thank you for keeping her in your thoughts :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey no wonder you are SOOOOO tired! those labs are crazy high!