Sunday, July 20, 2008

another crafty day in the Wright house

Zach and I had to run to walmart today to pick up kitty litter and more white craft paint for me so I didn't use his good paint..while there Zach saw that they finally had all letters to spell out Tegan so he grabbed them to paint. We came home and were feeling all excited and crafty. Zach cut a piece of wood for me and stole some nobs off of some old drawers we had in the basement so I could make my decrative hanger for tegan's wall to hang the paintings we made on. I had bought a "believe" sign to go above tegan's hutch, sadly they only had it in black so today we painted it white and added in pink and green polka dots or corse! We painted her letters and hung them on the wall of her crib..I nearly cried seeing her name hung above the crib..that is my little girls room..aw! I also made Tegan's woobie using the piece of my wedding dress silk that I had saved (for those that dont remember my dress got ruined in a flood earlier this year, I was able to save two pieces). I think Tegan is super excited about everything in her room because she was kicking me up a storm today! omg haha I ate a jalepeno from our garden today and while I was eating it Tegan was kicking me really really hard lol zach got to feel her kick again..he always gets soo excited to feel her! I can't wait to be big enough to put my belly on his back at night and have her kicks wake him up! haha!!!! Enough babbling..here are pics of all that we did today :)

Tegan's name letters we painted..adorable I think!



decrative hanger we made and painted to hang the frames we made



believe sign we painted white and polka dots, thank god it isn't black anymore



Tegan's woobie made out of my wedding dress silk

2 comments:

April and Jeff said...

That is really a neat idea using your wedding dress for her woobie. I know she will completely treasure that for the rest of her life. I'm telling you, you could start a prosperous little business in your own home making, painting all of these pieces. Little Tegan Marie definately will have a room fit for a princess. Cute Cute!!

Tru said...

Wow girl I totally love your craftiness, I never knew you were like that. I would hire you in a second to personally decorate Aidan's bedroom, although right now Aidan's bedroom is plan ol beige with beige carpets, the only decorative thing in his bedroom is his comforter. That's my mom though, I am trying to convince her to change his room into a little boy's room when we buy him his first bed, let's see how that pans out lol....

You are looking so great lately, looks like you are all tummy and not gaining around any other part of your body, you surely are blessed for that. 21 weeks is a great place to be, just a few more weeks and you are totally out of the danger zone, but as far as your pregnancy has been progressing it surely looks like one of the healthiest I have heard of in chat. Good on ya sister!

See I knew you were having a little girl, I had that gut feeling, although at first you were looking like you were growing a boy, I still knew deep down she was a girl. I called her she right from the start did I not? Tegan is going to be such a doll, you know Kevin's neice is named Teagan, it suits her well.

You and Zach seem to be all in a great mind set to be wonderful parents. I can already see you both sitting front row centre at her dance recitals and helping her learn back walkovers in gymnastics. Showing her how ladies are suppose to sit with their knees crossed, while she is wearing knee high socks, buckle shoes and the frilliest dress you can find.

Aww I am having vivid thoughts of what it would be like if I had a girl, but seems as I can live vicariously through you.

I love ya girl and sorry about this long comment, but it has been a while since I have commented which I am sorry for. I guess this one just beats your blog comment on mine hehe. Take care sweetie!