Saturday, July 5, 2008

meeting with dr...

Zach and I had our meeting with our dr this morning concerning my positive lab results. It was my quad screen that came back positive for downs syndrome. I have a 1 in 141 chance that Sweet Tart has down syndrome which is less then 1%. Women at the age of 20 should have a chance of 1 in 1,667 of having a baby with downs sydrome which is why I am considered at high risk. Due to my chance being greater then 1 in 200 I had to be offered a genetics counselor and an amnio which we turned both down..so we had to sign for that. My dr is going to get me in at the hospital to see the high risk ob for my 20 week ultra sound seems how they have better techs and better us machines, they are going to do a big fetal scan to look for more signs of DS..I was also told that I can keep my 20 week ulra sound with my dr as well so yay!!! My 20 week us with my dr got moved from the 14th to the 18th :( so I will have to wait a few more days to find out what Im having UNLESS the high risk ob can get me in sooner!!!!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I ran across your post and can tell you as a mother of an almost one year old daughter with DS, that the journey with DS is a different path, but one that can be full of joy. I am commenting just to say that IF your baby does end up having DS, you all will be okay. Blessings to you and your family.